Friday, November 18, 2005

recent discoveries

ive been super-spent recently, after a sleepless trip to recife in the northeast of brasil last weekend with roommate conchita and high school bud nena. result being ive spent a ton of time zoned out in internet world, dling as fast as my third-world broadband connection will let me. i belatedly discovered the wonders of kelly clarkson's "since u been gone" as well as preteen sensation smoosh and a handful of others. heres a tracklist to my life right now:

kelly clarkson: since u been gone
salt n pepa: push it
smoosh: rad
lady sovereign: hoodie (basement jazz remix)
annie: me plus one (the rapture hush hush remix)

also, while in recife i picked up my first baile funk (aka carioca funk, funk do morro; funk in all three being pronounce funk-ee) bootleg mix-cd, by a guy named dj ricardo. its pretty good, apart from the HIGHLY annoying and unnecessarily loud dj shoutouts that pepper the tracks. ill have to post more on my recent obsession with this genre of brasilian hip-hop some other time (perhaps later tonight).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home